Sunday 8 January 2017

Punjab Assembly Elections
I was asked in some comments on my previous post about the U.P. Elections to write my opinion about the forthcoming Punjab Assembly elections.
I had visited Punjab several times between December 2015 and February 2016, and at that time I heard from many persons there that AAP is doing remarkably well.
However, I have not visited Punjab for the past 11 months, and therefore do not know whether since then the situation has changed.
But I did speak recently on telephone with some people living in Punjab, and they told me that the Congress is doing well under the leadership of Capt. Amrinder Singh. One person I spoke to was an AAP supporter, and he said that in the 117 member Punjab Assembly, Congress will get 45-40 seats, while AAP will get 35-40 seats. As regards Badal's Party he said it will get very few seats, though the position is not clear about 25 seats. Others I spoke to confirmed that Congress will do well. No one spoke well of SAD, alleging a lot of corruption.
So there may be a hung Assembly in Punjab

No comments:

Post a Comment