Thursday 2 October 2014

Navratri ends

2.10.2014, 8 a.m.

Thank God this navratri is over at 10.30 a.m. today.
 I intend to eat roganjosh ( a delicious Kashmiri mutton dish) and other non vegetarian food ( kabargah, yaqni, kofta, rista, etc) from tomorrow with a vengeance !
 This was the first time in my life I kept a fast ( for 9 days), and it really got my goat.
 I used to dream of regular Kashmiri food in the night, but far from getting meat, I did not even get rice, chapati, dal, bread, biscuits, etc. It was like being put into a naturopathy hospital, like James Bond in Shrublands in 'Thunderball' !
 I intend to keep fasts of all communities in the future. I do not know when Ramzan is starting, but I believe it is a long way off from now. Can some Christian tell me when is Lent, and what does one eat on this occasion, and for how long ? I believe the Jains eat nothing at all during Paryushan ( for 9 days), and only take water, but I doubt I could do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment