I have noticed many good qualities in Americans ( and also in NRIs who have lived here for a few years and acquired many American qualities ) :
1. They usually talk briefly, and to the point. No fizool gupshup. Often you cannot add or delete even one word from what they say. A word added would be superfluous, a word deleted would make the statement incomplete or meaningless.
2. They are almost invariably punctual. However, if for some reason they are likely to be late for a meeting, they will always text you a message on their mobile phone. There is an indicator fitted into most cars here which mentions how much time it will take to reach the destination. So they can know whether they are likely to be late or not. Punctuality means giving respect to others. Indians must learn this.
3. They usually do not tell lies. Their word is their bond, and if they orally agree to do something, they will do it.
4. They are extremely hard working.
5. They follow the rules, whether traffic rules, building rules or any other rules. I have seen a whole line of racing cars come to a standstill just because one pedestrian is crossing the road.
6. They will never throw garbage anywhere except in the trash cans or bins.
7. They are perfectionists. America is no place for sloppy people, since sloppy and slipshod behaviour is just not tolerated here. You will get a ' pink slip ' very quickly if you are not on your toes. Even waitresses in a restaurant and cleaning maids in the house are perfectionists in their work. A cleaning maid will not seek short cuts in her work, and will not leave your house until she is satisfied that she has completed her work properly.
8. They are organized people, and have no ' faltu ' time.