Wednesday 4 March 2015

Krishna ke Sakha
Since this is the season of Holi, I am reminded of several visits I  made to Mathura and nearby places associated with the life of Lord Krishna,e.g. Vrindavan, Gokul, Govardhan, Barsana, Nandgaon, etc.
 The whole area is called Brajmandal ( or simply Braj ), and on entering it one gets transformed in one's mind to the times of Lord Krishna. People in Braj sometimes talk of Krishna as if he was still alive, or had been living there till recently.
 I found that the people of Braj are often celebrating festivals ( utsavs ). I asked some of them how many utsavs do you celebrate every year ?
  They replied " 366 days in a year "
 I was surprised, and asked " But when do you work for a living ? "
They replied " We do not have to work for a living..We are Krishna's sakhas. Others have to work to feed us. We only celebrate utsavs ".

1 comment:

  1. See... GODs still have that power to feed people 366 days a year without working and enjoying with them only...

    Glass is either half empty or half filled... I take positivity..

    ReplyDelete