Many people commented on my recent post on facebook in which I said that none of the present political parties in India have genuine love for the country, or have scientific ideas for solving India's massive problems. Many persons said that I should join some political party or form my own party.
I believe that all the present political parties in India are beyond redemption, and so there is no question of my joining any party.
As regards forming a political party is concerned and contesting elections, this is the surest way of becoming corrupt. I have still some element of shame left in me, so no thank you very much.
But yes, it may be a good idea to form a body or organization of patriots, for generating and spreading patriotic and scientific public opinion, and combating elements which are anti-Indian e.g. casteism, communalism and superstitions.
For this, however, certain things must be made clear :
1. This patriotic body must never contest elections, because the moment it does so it will become corrupt, since elections require a huge amount of money, and one has to appeal to or cater to casteism, communalism, etc, the very feudal forces patriots must combat.
2. There must be no compromise regarding the unity and integrity of India.
3. The organization will strongly oppose those who wish to divide our people on the basis of religion, caste, race, region or language.
4. Since the very purpose of the organization is to take India forward, it must strongly combat elements of feudalism still existing in our society, e.g. casteism, communalism, and supersitions.
5. The object of the organization must be to help India become a modern, highly industrialized, highly prosperous country, with its citizens enjoying a high standard of living, and abolition of poverty, unemployment, hunger, malnutrition, lack of healthcare and good education, etc.
6. The body must normally not accept money donations from anyone, because then charges of embezzlement of this money are bound to arise. However, since the object of this body will be to spread patriotic ideas a small amount of money may be required, as it may be impossible to perform this function without it. However, strict accounts must be maintained even of this small amount.
7. The membership should not be open to every Tom, Dick and Harry, but only to genuinely patriotic, modern minded people. For this purpose strict scrutiny is essential before admitting anyone. Let the body be a very small group of dedicated persons, rather than a mob of unscientific and unpatriotic riff raff.
What should be the name of this organization will have to be thought of.