Thursday 13 October 2016

Bhindranwale


I had put up a fb post stating that Bhindranwale was a feudal bigoted village idiot.
I received many messages and emails abusing me for this, which of course I ignored. But I also received polite messages asking me to clarify my view, and they are entitled to that, which I am doing here.

I have basically three points to make in this connection :

1. Bhindranwale was a religious figure. As I have earler repeatedly said, religion had a certain utility in earlier times, but today it is totally outdated. All religions are superstitions, and the truth lies in science, which of course is not something final I( like the Quran, Vedas, Bible, Guru Granth Saheb, etc ) but is constantly developing with new scientific inventions and discoveries. To abolish poverty, unemployment, and other social evils, and make India a highly developed and industrialized country in which our people enjoy a high standard of living and have decent lives, we have to give up religion and go over to science.

So I have no respect for religious leaders like Bhindranwale, Adityanath, Sadhvi Prachi, Sakshi Maharaj, Syed Ali Shah Geelani and most of the Maulanas, as they are all feudal minded reactionaries who will only drag India back into the Middle Ages, instead of taking it forward into modern times.

2. From what I have heard, the Congress Party under Indira Gandhi built up Bhindranwale to counteroppose the Akalis, though later on he turned on the Congress, just as Osama bin Laden, who had earlier been supported by the Americans to fight the Russian army in Afghanistan, later on turned on the Americans.

3. Many people still praise Bhindranwale because most people in India are still backward and feudal minded, and are religious. So they call him a 'sant'. But he had no scientific ideas, and had no modern education. He had only feudal religious ideas, while to progress we have to destroy feudal thinking and practices. Only then can India progress and prosper

No comments:

Post a Comment