Dattu is so shameless that he will never reply to the serious allegations in the dossier against him, or explain where he got the money for building/acquiring the palatial house in Bangalore ( whose photos I have posted on facebook )..Most of the the Indian media are even more shameless since they would not even investigate the serious charges, although I had personally given copies of the dossier to many leading newspapers well before Dattu's elevation as CJI.. Gen. V.K.Singh is vindicated.
That brings us to Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad, who was at the relevant time the Union Law Minister, and to whom also I gave a copy of the dossier, well before Dattu was appointed CJI, with the request that he investigate the serious charges against Dattu contained in the dossier.
Now here are some questions for Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad :
1. Is it, or is it not, true that over a month before it was announced by the Govt. of India that Dattu would be the next CJI, I sent you a copy of the dossier containing several serious allegations against Dattu, particularly relating to the land deals in his and his family members name, many of them in clear violation of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act,which revealed he had amassed a fortune, and the palatial house he had built/acquired in Bangalore ?
2. If your answer to the above is in the affirmative, what action did you take thereafter ? Did you inform about the dossier to the Prime Minister, and if you did, what action did you and the Prime Minister take ? Did you and the Prime Minister get the allegations against Dattu verified, or you simply ignored them ?
3. If you got them verified, through whom did you get them verified, and where is the report of the agency which verified them ?
4. Did you or some other member of your government show the dossier to Dattu and ask for his explanation ? If not, why not ? If yes, what explanation did he give ? Did you specifically ask where he got the money for building/acquiring the palatial house in Bangalore, and acquiring the several plots in his and his family members name, and why was his wife's name mentioned showing the name of her father and not himself ? Is it true that several of the transactions were in violation of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act ?
5. Every Supreme Court Judge has to give a list of his assets which are put up on the Supreme Court website ( supremecourtof india.nic.in ) Did you, or did you not, look into the list of assets disclosed by Dattu ? It seems he has not mentioned therein about the palatial house in Bangalore which he has built/acquired, and many of the plots he and his family members have acquired in violation of law ( particularly the Karnataka land Reforms Act ) or the relevant schemes ? Did you ask Dattu for his explanation for this omission ?